Advantages of a State Chapter
While having a state chapter as part of CoSN membership involves a small additional fee for CoSN membership, there are several specific benefits to joining CoSN under the auspices of a state chapter:
- Create a professional learning network that complements membership in other professional associations.
- Provide an annual CoSN CTO Clinic in Minnesota at a location of our choosing.
- Provide a statewide structure to use CoSN resources effectively.
- Receive special rates for the CoSN Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL) certification and preparation classes.
- Support for other initiatives our state wants to pursue with our chapter resources.
In addition, Minnesota CoSN Chapter members can take advantage of all the regular benefits of an institutional membership to CoSN.
- CoSN Benefits
CoSN bulletins, advocacy newsletters, white papers, and emerging technologies reports.
- Webinar Series
- Discounts to attend the CoSN Annual Conference , CTO Clinics, CTO Forums and other events, which include peer-to-peer networking opportunities
- Help shape the future of CoSN and receive national recognition for your work through volunteer service on our committee and advisory councils.
- National congressional advocacy on education technology funding and initiatives.
- Unlimited seats for school district employees for access to member benefits.
There are even more benefits listed on the CoSN website at http://www.cosn.org/about/membership/institutional-membership